Friday, August 30, 2013

Ready, Set, College (1A)

College is the next step high school graduates take in order to pursue in the career field they have chosen or will discover. It provides you with courses that are necessary for your major. However, it is also the time to live and experience new things and meet new people. You have this new sense of freedom but with that freedom there needs to be discipline. Just because you have so much freedom doesn't mean that you can use and abuse that power. i believe that you need to equal balance your freedom and how much effort and time you put into school with that freedom. So many people have told me that this year is very important because once you get a low GPA it’s difficult to get it back up. Therefore I strive to focus on my studies then go out and have fun. Academically I think college should be taken seriously. I’m not paying a lot of money to just go out and party. I’m here to get educated for my future, along the way I will go out with friends and have a good time but as of right now I am focused on my studies.
Eager and excited student come from many different places here to Southern Connecticut State University. New faces, new personalities, new people. It’s really exciting to meet new friends and see new faces and some familiar ones here and there. Best part is that this is your chance to start new again. Be a different person than you were in high school or be the same. It’s your second chance to show people a new and improved you. You get a whole new reputation and it’s on you how you take that and show people who you really are.
orientation group 2
When starting school I have such a positive attitude. It’s another year where I can change my bad habits and create better ones. College is a big deal and I do want to do really well this year so the goals I have set for myself are not to procrastinate, have thing ready on time, fully understand materials I am reading, and try to not miss any classes. I think that these are goals I can reach and keep fulfilling throughout the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment