Agency: related to action, power, movement, and initiative.
Time management and improving our study and working skills
was the focus of class this week. Reading those articles gave me a framework of
what I should be doing. I didn’t develop good studying techniques, or time
management guidelines. I have always been doing what I need to, and that’s it.
That didn’t work out well for me in the first few weeks of college.
So reading these articles gave me ideas of what I should be
doing. For example there was an article that talked about one student who began
doing homework the minute he woke up, in between classes, and after class. He
would work hard on his homework and he would finish around 5 pm and have the
rest of the day to do whatever he wanted. Being done at 5pm sounded so nice! To
have the rest of the day free to do anything and not worry about homework
sounded like a dream come true.
I’m trying to take
that work ethic and apply it to my own life. I'm using the agency within me to
finish my homework and have more free time. It will take a lot of effort,
motivation but most importantly focusing on what needs to be done. Obviously I
have to change things in my life because I have more responsibilities with
classes. The teachers tell us when and assignments is due and that’s the end of
it. I need to re-organize myself and be more on top of my homework because it
always seems to slip my mind. Right now, I’m very motivated to do well in my
classes. I want to be persistent with stay on tasks and reaching my goals the
weeks left in the semester.

No comments:
Post a Comment