What would happen if one day our brains could conquer ego
depletion?
Ego depletion is when you exhaust your mental energy.
Suddenly your cravings for those delicious cupcake sitting on your kitchen counter,
the frustration you get when you realize the hours of homework you have ahead
of you and the desires that no longer seem to be in your vicinity all becoming
overwhelming. But what if somehow we
could in a matter of second make that all disappear? What if we could trick our
brains out of being overwhelmed?
I am the type of person that like to be on top of her work
and not slack and fall behind in my classes. Sometimes procrastination gets the
best of me, and out of nowhere I am sitting in my room for hours on end getting
homework, projects, and assignments due the very next day. The feeling of
having so much to do in such little time stresses me out, and most defiantly
gets overwhelming. If there were a way we could mediate or make ourselves get
out of feeling overwhelmed ego depletion would no longer be problem.
People trying to change their eating habits would have a
much easier time if they could trick their minds into not craving sweets and
unhealthy foods. It would motivate people to change their life styles and make
healthier choices. I know for me I’ve always been back and forth between with
staying healthy, and if craving would no longer over power me I think I could
keep making healthy choices!
Overall everything that we have to force ourselves to do
would be so easy! We are always looking for the easiest way to do things and so
if ego depletion didn’t even exist imagine the possibilities. People wouldn’t
think about the negative aspects of doing things just the final product which
is what our mentality should be.
“To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.”
No comments:
Post a Comment