Definition:
·
The introduction of something new
·
A new idea, method, or advice
When I read this weeks article on 32 Innovations That Will
Change Your Tomorrow, reality settled in. Our world is change; it’s becoming
more advanced in the way that the problems and struggles we face today are
being solved. I don’t know about you, but I get excited at how fast our world
diving into the future. Just a couple years ago, having a watch cellphone
seemed so cool, and so far into the future. Not too long ago that idea became a
reality. I saw a commercial for it, and it looked so cool! It’s amazing to see
how we are coming up with new ideas and how rapidly they are being made.
One innovation that got me thinking was The Morning Multi
Tasker. People are bringing together the kitchen and computer technology. They
are trying to expand the use of your phone/ computer to the whole kitchen. Or
if you wanted to turn off the lights or something technical all you would have
to do is say so. It’s fascinating how people have been working on it for years
and soon it will be available to the world. I’ll admit that it would be cool to
just say something and it would be done without any work required. This could
also be a bad thing.
If our world is becoming easier, easier means no work, no
work may not be such a good thing. What if technology takes over us in the way
that we just sit and have a computer do everything for us? It’s a scary thought
because people have talked about this kind of stuff, and even made movies! I
remember watching the movie Wall-E and thinking how cute it was. As I got into
it I saw that it had a deeper meaning. Garbage took over the world, and life
was not sustainable on Earth. People invented little robots that cleaned up
garbage but it Wall-E was the last one on Earth. All the humans lived in a
distant place, and they sat in chairs and technology helped them eat drink and
video chat with others. They became obese because they no longer needed to
move, walk, or be active. This idea of that kind of life may not be so
fictional. We need to learn how accept technology but not let it take over our
lives to the point where we the technology takes over. There needs to be a
happy medium between people doing work and technology helping us. We can’t have
everything easy, we have to work for things too.
Vocabulary:
-Quixotic: Exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical.
-Extol: Praise enthusiastically.
Vocabulary:
-Quixotic: Exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical.
-Extol: Praise enthusiastically.

No comments:
Post a Comment