It has been a heck of a semester! It was filled with
unexplained answers because I just didn’t know what to expect from Southern. I
was stuck in between many emotions that it made it a little difficult to make
the necessary transition into college. I was feeling sad and lost because I had
left my family, and I was parting from my closest friends. I made a choice to
continue dating my boyfriend through college knowing we would be 1 hour and 15
minutes away. I was nervous that I wouldn’t make any close friends. But most
importantly, I was thrilled to finally start living.
For the first time I was experiencing my very own emotional
roller coaster. College was triggering every possible emotion and I didn’t know
how to control it all. Slowly I began conquering my emotions. At the top of the
list was nervousness, as I made new friends in my classes they became more and
more manageable. I'm the type of girl that likes to have friends in all of my
classes. That way I could walk in and talk to a friend and not just sit in
class not saying a word. That would be complete misery. All in all, I realized
that I needed time to see that college wasn’t so scary after all.
I didn’t adjust into the college lifestyle easily but I
eventually got the swing of things. A good amount of work on my behalf was
required. I no longer spent hours doing nothing and procrastinating. When I
started my work I focused as hard as I could on one assignment and set goals on
when, or how much work I should do. I would spend so much time on papers,
writing assignments, projects, and studying for major exams, tests, and
quizzes. The workload didn’t stop there, it either stayed constant or
increased. Of course my stress level shot up to the sky because so many things
were due in such little time.
When Thanksgiving Break was only a few days away I was more
than ready for it. I could finally kick back and relax for little, take a
breather from all this work. S
ome teachers gave me work over break but I
thought it was manageable. Besides having a break from the workload, I really
was looking forward to seeing my friends and spending more time with my family again.
In preparation for finals, I decided to partake in relaxing activities to clear
my mind such as running with my friends, watching a movie, reading, time to myself,
and sleeping! With so much stress built up I needed a way to let it all go and
have a clearer mind going into finals week. These are things that I have done
in the past that have helped me tremendously. I’m hoping that this will allow
me to tackle my upcoming finals.
No comments:
Post a Comment