I wouldn’t consider myself an expert when it comes to
computer programs, but I can quickly learn and adjust to the program. For this
video assignment I used IMovie because the program was already installed into
the Mac laptops. For the most part this project wasn’t too challenging but the
editing aspect of it was time consuming and tedious.
The general topic of this project was to think of what makes
SCSU special. My topic was focused on the Orientation Ambassadors here, at
Southern. I think that they bring a great attitude and make transitioning into
college a fun and easy experience. Every single one of the OA’s have great
personalities and are always happy to seem familiar faces. They are eager to answer
any questions you have and have great advice to give back. I decided to do my
project on the OA’s because I know a bunch of them and a few of them live in my
dorm building, so it would be easy to interview them.
I didn’t want my video to be full of interviews, and make it
seem boring to the audience. I wanted to make it exciting and appealing to the
viewers but adding great pictures, music, sound effects, and good interviews. The
time requirement was around 5 to 7 min. My final video ended up being 5 minutes
and 20 secs. I think that I could have extended this time if I had been able to
put in more interviews and possibly a video of the school, not only pictures. I
only interviewed 4 people, 2 were students and 2 were OA’s. I didn’t meet the
requirement of 3 students and 1 professor. With that said, I tried to make the
other aspects of the video meet the requirements. I had a good introduction, I
thought I stated my topic and question very clearly. I backed up my reasoning
with student interviews who also agreed that the OA’s are great contribution to
Southern’s community. Towards the end I told the viewers what I thought about
the OA’s and wrapped up the video.
I tried to hook the viewers to continue reading with cool
transitioning effects and bold bright pictures and follow up questions. I had
songs playing in the background to add to the video, so that I wasn’t just
awkward silence. I think that I did a pretty good job at telling a story. I stuck
to my topic and stayed on track and had my interviewers say insightful things
about my topic. I think that my grade for this video should be a B even though I
didn’t reach all the requirements I tried to excel in other areas. If I were to,
change or add anything I would put in more interviews from both students and OA’s.
IMovie cooperated with me this time around. I have had
trouble in the past, but I have adjusted to the way this program works. I
easily inserted videos, pictures, and music. Of course, the editing took up
most of my time but in the end it came out pretty good! Finalizing the video
did take a long time, and uploading it to YouTube took a while. Eventually I was
able to successfully upload the video onto YouTube and post a link of the video
onto my blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment